Fairfax Reckless Driving Attorney
A reckless driving charge is far more serious than a moving violation or other simple citation. Fortunately, a Fairfax reckless driving lawyer with a background in these cases may be able to help someone avoid the most serious consequences of a criminal traffic charge.
In Virginia, reckless driving is a class I misdemeanor – a criminal charge. As such, a conviction may result in serious consequences including hefty fines, jail time, the accumulation of demerit points against your license, and a potential license suspension. Additionally, a person who is found guilty of a reckless driving charge may have a long-term or permanent criminal record that may negatively affect opportunities for education and employment making it important a Fairfax criminal attorney is contacted.
- Reckless Driving Cases in Fairfax
- Importance of Consulting a Fairfax Reckless Driving Lawyer
- Common Defense Strategies in Fairfax Reckless Driving Cases
- What To Expect From A Reckless Driving Case in Fairfax
Speak with a Fairfax reckless driving lawyer at our firm to determine how you might benefit from our services. Our clients are extremely important to us, and we go to great lengths to make sure that your case receives priority treatment both in and out of court.
Finding an Experienced Fairfax County Reckless Driving Lawyer
The county’s status as one of Washington, DC’s most affluent and busiest suburbs means that the roads are frequently congested throughout the day. That kind of traffic increases the chances for accidents and the potential interpretation of events as reckless driving. If you find yourself stopped for this offense, you should consult with a skilled Fairfax County reckless driving lawyer who can study your case thoroughly and provide you with advice on how to best fight your charge. Some of the benefits of working with our team of aggressive defense lawyers are:
- Knowing that your lawyer is available to answer questions quickly and responsively
- Having the peace of mind that our attorneys routinely handle reckless driving cases in Virginia
- Understanding that your lawyer will design a defense strategy suited to your personal needs and requests
- Not having to worry about court-related paperwork
In order for us to help you, we’ll need to learn a bit more about your unique situation. If you call our firm, a member of our legal team will conduct a free initial consultation.
Definition of Reckless Driving in Virginia
A person can end up facing criminal charges for reckless driving through actions that are neither intentional nor malicious. If a law enforcement officer feels that a driver’s actions may be dangerous to others, he or she may charge the driver with reckless driving. For a person who has never faced criminal charges and whose actions were not purposely dangerous or reckless, the prospect of a potential criminal record, fines or a jail sentence may be overwhelming. A Fairfax reckless driving lawyer can help protect against the most serious potential consequences.
In Virginia, the following actions are considered reckless driving and can result in either misdemeanor or felony charges:
- Speeding over 80 mph
- Speeding 20 mph or more in excess of the posted speed limit
- Drag racing
- Passing a school bus
- Overtaking or passing an emergency vehicle
- Passing on the crest of a hill or at a railroad crossing
- Passing or driving two vehicles abreast
- Failing to give a proper signal
- Faulty brakes or improper control
- And more
Most of these violations remain on a person’s criminal record for 11 years upon conviction.
While some of these actions are clearly the result of intentional reckless behavior, many could be caused by carelessness or other unintentional action. A Virginia reckless driving lawyer will go over all of the details of the alleged offense, and fight for the best possible legal outcome given the circumstances of the case, whether that means a reduction in charges or penalties, an acquittal or a dismissal of charges.